Good luck, and thanks for sharing your story!
EliteSingles Editorial, 2018
Terms & Conditions and Photo Release
NO PURCHASE IS NECESSARY TO ENTER OR WIN. A PURCHASE DOES NOT INCREASE THE CHANCES OF WINNING.
Spark Networks Services GmbH is the operator of the EliteSingles websites (“EliteSingles” “we,” or “Spark”) and the organizing company of the Competition.
2. About the Competition
The Competition will take place from August 1, 2018 to November 30, 2018.
Entries will be accepted until 23:59 Central European Time on November 30, 2018.
The purpose of the Competition is to give former EliteSingles members the opportunity to show and share their success stories and special moments from their time on EliteSingles.
3. Participation in the Competition
The Competition is intended for natural persons over 18 and who were registered at EliteSingles.
Entrants will have the chance to win Amazon vouchers worth $100. There are 1 vouchers available to be won.
Winners will be selected at random, and Spark’s decision is final. No correspondence will be entered into in this regard.
5. How to participate?
To enter, fill in the above survey and select the box to give your consent to EliteSingles that you would like to share your success story. Give as many details as possible and share personal anecdotes to make your story stand out.
Spark is a member of a corporate group that includes many different products and services. By participating in this Competition, you agree that we may elect in our full discretion to use your story and image in connection with any product and service belonging to the Spark corporate group. These products and services include:
• eDarling; or
We may also elect in our full discretion to translate your story into a language other than the language of your submission to use your story for marketing and marketing-related purposes in other countries.
6. Contacting you
You consent to the use of your email address by Spark should we wish to contact you.
7. Winner announcement
If your story is chosen, you will be contacted by Spark via email within 3 months of the closing date of the Competition.
8. Exclusion of participants from the Competition
Spark has full discretion when applying these Terms.
Should Spark suspect at any time that a participant has abused or attempted to abuse the rules of this Competition, it reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to exclude the individual from participating in the Competition or, in the case of the individual being selected as the winner, to exclude such participant from the Competition and consequently the participant shall not be entitled to receive the prize. The above shall not exclude the possible civil and legal liability of the participant due to abuse or attempt to abuse.
Abuse of the Competition rules includes, but is not exclusively limited to:
• Breach of these Terms and Conditions;
• Providing us with personal information of third parties, including but not limited to the name and the age of your partner, without obtaining their consent for forwarding this information;
• Providing photos with inappropriate, offensive, vulgar and hostile content;
• Providing photos, the author of which did not obtain the permission for publication from individuals who appear in them. Spark shall not be in any way liable for photos for which individuals who appear in them did not give their permission;
• Submitting multiple entries from the same user from different IP addresses; multiple entries from the same computer in excess of that allowed by the Competition; or the use of bots, macros, scripts, or other technical means for entering. Any attempt by an entrant to deliberately damage any website or undermine the legitimate operation of the Competition may be a violation of criminal and civil laws.
9. Intellectual Property
By submitting your story and image(s) to Spark, you give your explicit consent to Spark to:
• Use your story and any photograph or likeness of you which you provide to Spark in the following ways: on social media, newsletter, in the press, for marketing campaign purposes in printed and digital publications and the like;
• As noted above, use your story and any photograph or likeness of you in connection with a product other than EliteSingles;
• Edit, alter, copy, exhibit, publish or distribute such story and/or photographs and images of you for the purposes of publicizing and marketing Spark’s services; and
• Pass your full name and any photographs or images of you to global media outlets (with your consent).
You acknowledge that since your participation is voluntary, you will receive no financial compensation and you waive any right to royalties or compensation.
You waive the right to inspect or approve the finished product in any form where your likeness appears.
You may not provide us with, distribute, or reproduce in any way any copyrighted material, trademarks, or other proprietary information without obtaining the prior written consent of the owner of such proprietary rights. YOU AGREE TO INDEMNIFY AND HOLD SPARK, ITS SUBSIDIARIES, AND AFFILIATES, AND ITS OFFICERS, AGENTS, PARTNERS AND EMPLOYEES, HARMLESS FROM ANY LOSS, LIABILITY, CLAIM, OR DEMAND, INCLUDING REASONABLE ATTORNEY'S FEES, MADE BY ANY THIRD PARTY DUE TO OR ARISING OUT OF:
• YOUR BREACH OF OR FAILURE TO COMPLY WITH THE AFOREMENTIONED OBLIGATION NOT TO USE ANY COPYRIGHTED MATERIAL, TRADEMARKS, OR OTHER PROPRIETARY INFORMATION WITHOUT OBTAINING THE PRIOR WRITTEN CONSENT OF THE OWNER OF SUCH PROPRIETARY RIGHTS;
• ANY CONTENT YOU PROVIDE US WITH; AND
• THE VIOLATION OF ANY LAW OR REGULATION BY YOU.
10. Suspension of the Competition and limitation of the Organiser's liability
Spark reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to cancel, terminate, modify or suspend the Competition where it becomes necessary to do so.
SPARK ACCEPTS NO RESPONSIBILITY FOR ANY DAMAGE, LOSS, LIABILITIES, INJURY OR DISAPPOINTMENT INCURRED OR SUFFERED BY YOU AS A RESULT OF ENTERING THE COMPETITION OR ACCEPTING THE PRIZE. SPARK FURTHER DISCLAIMS LIABILITY FOR ANY INJURY OR DAMAGE TO YOUR OR ANY OTHER PERSON'S COMPUTER RELATING TO OR RESULTING FROM PARTICIPATION IN OR DOWNLOADING ANY MATERIALS IN CONNECTION WITH THE COMPETITION. NOTHING IN THESE TERMS AND CONDITIONS SHALL EXCLUDE THE LIABILITY OF SPARK FOR DEATH, PERSONAL INJURY, FRAUD OR FRAUDULENT MISREPRESENTATION AS A RESULT OF ITS NEGLIGENCE.
SPARK SHALL NOT BE LIABLE FOR ANY FAILURE TO COMPLY WITH ITS OBLIGATIONS WHERE THE FAILURE IS CAUSED BY SOMETHING OUTSIDE ITS REASONABLE CONTROL. SUCH CIRCUMSTANCES SHALL INCLUDE, BUT NOT BE LIMITED TO, WEATHER CONDITIONS, FIRE, FLOOD, HURRICANE, STRIKE, INDUSTRIAL DISPUTE, WAR, HOSTILITIES, POLITICAL UNREST, RIOTS, CIVIL COMMOTION, INEVITABLE ACCIDENTS, SUPERVENING LEGISLATION OR ANY OTHER CIRCUMSTANCES AMOUNTING TO FORCE MAJEURE.
11. Data protection
and in accordance with data protection legislation. By entering the Competition, you agree to the collection, retention, usage and distribution of your personal information in order to process and contact you about your Competition entry, and for the purposes outlined below and in these Terms.
You permit Spark to pass on your personal information such as your full name, story and photograph to global media outlets. A representative of Spark will always contact you before passing on any information to an individual journalist.
You may not provide us with personal information of third parties, including but not limited to the name and the age of your partner, without obtaining the prior written consent of the third party.