New Study: Does liking The Big Bang Theory make you more attractive?
- 68% of Canadian singles think having the ‘right’ taste in TV makes you more interesting
- 42% would be attracted to someone who likes The Big Bang Theory
- 33% would be turned off by someone liking The Walking Dead
- More than half of singles want to binge watch TV on a date
- Men are more interested in watching romance than women
The study, which looked at data from 300 Canadian singles aged 18-59, wanted to see if someone’s choice in TV shows can have an impact on their love life. The answer was yes: 68% of Canadians think that having the right taste in TV makes you a more interesting person to date.
Having the right taste in TV
So what is the right taste in TV? In Canada, the most popular answer starts with a big bang: 42% of Canadian singles think that liking The Big Bang Theory makes you more attractive. This is followed by Game of Thrones at 28% and Criminal Minds at 27%.
The wrong taste table is dominated by The Walking Dead – 33% of Canadians think that liking zombie hordes makes you unattractive. Other TV turn-offs include Broadchurch at 15% and Doctor Who at 14%.