Buy me love? The cost of a date night in Canada and around the world
- An average date night in Canada costs $115
- Hamilton is Canada’s priciest big city for romance, with an average date costing $125
- Quebec City is Canada’s cheapest big city for romance, with an average date costing $103
- Globally, the average cost for a date in CAD is $114
- The most expensive date night worldwide is in Oslo, Norway ($179) and the cheapest is in Bogotá, Columbia ($58)
The cost of a date night in Canada
A new analysis from premium dating site EliteSingles has delved into the cost of love, revealing that a typical date night in Canada (consisting of a mid-range dinner for two, a shared bottle of wine, two cinema tickets, and an 8km taxi ride home) will set you back an average of $115.1
However, some big cities are pricier than others: the aforementioned date costs an average of $125 in Hamilton, $123 in Toronto, $122 in Edmonton, and $120 in Calgary.
If you’d like to save a few loonies, then Quebec City might become your dating destination of choice: an average date night in the ville is only $103. Other wallet-friendly Canadian cities include Halifax, where a date night will cost $107, Ottawa ($108), and Winnipeg ($109).