A practical list of romantic ideas for her
Covering the bases: our favorite romantic ideas for her
Romance comes in a variety of flavours – depending on what, when and where you wish to imbue some romance into your relationship. To cover all the bases we compiled a list of romantic ideas for her for every occasion. We have a selection of concrete gestures, irresistible gift ideas and messages, topped off with inspiration for a grand romantic gesture to sweep her off her feet.
Romantic things to do for her
Often overlooked as mundane, practical acts of kindness can actually be one of the most romantic ways to say ‘I love you’. It’s the concrete, measurable moments when a burden is lifted or consideration actively demonstrated that can really highlight your intimate knowledge and love. Pay attention, it’s the everyday romance that gives you the power to rekindle the romance in your relationship. Here are five romantic things to do for her.
- Spic and span is sexy: do a chore she doesn’t enjoy simply so she doesn’t have to - do the dishes, clean the apartment, do the shopping… find a task to take off her hands.
- Make a mix tape: put together a playlist, be it on Spotify or an old-school mixed tape of the songs you have enjoyed in special moments together.
- Lovely love letter: send a real love letter, handwritten on paper and sent in the post.
- Recreate your first date: take her back to the place you had your first date – if it’s a cinema, a restaurant, dancing – take her to where you met or had your first date. It will show her you remember and that it’s special to you.
- A surprise is advised: surprising your partner is one of the most fun romantic things to do for her. The unexpected element adds to the elation and, undoubtedly, the romance.
Romantic gift ideas for her
The best gift ideas are the ones that show how much you pay attention to the small details, and how well you know her. Sometimes it’s not the obvious flowers or chocolates, but rather individual gifts that make for the most romantic ideas for her. Here is a selection of charmingly practical romantic gift ideas for her.
- Something necessary: buy her something she actually needs. For example a new pair of running shoes, earphones, a mobile phone, or a kettle – an everyday item you know she needs.
- Personalise to impress: give her an item you can personalise, for example, a new purse embossed with her initials or a bracelet engraved with the date of your anniversary.
- A love jar: fill an ornamental jar with 30 love notes to read every day for a month, with messages like ‘you’re beautiful’, ‘you’re the love of my life’, ‘and it’s a treat to wake up next to you every day’.
- The desire of her heart: find the item she has always coveted but never owned. It could be a pair of designer shoes, pearl earrings, a language course, a puppy… just the very thing she has always wanted but never got.
- A timeless necklace: at least once in your relationship, you should invest in a timeless necklace that she can always own and pass on to the next generation. An everlasting talisman of your love.
- Memories: choose a selection of your favorite photographs and create an album or framed collage to remind each other of the very best moments together.
Romantic love messages
If you’re trying to write a love letter or romantic message and can’t find just the right words to use, here is a collection of romantic love quotes to give her. These ten love quotes will melt her heart and can be the cherry on top to add to your romantic ideas for her.
'I don't believe in magic.' The young boy said. The old man smiled. 'You will, when you see her.' - Atticus
“And I’d choose you; in a hundred lifetimes, in a hundred worlds, in any version of reality, I’d find you and I’d choose you.”- Kiersten White
“…we had roots that grew towards each other underground, and when all the pretty blossoms had fallen from our branches we found that we were one tree and not two"- Louis de Bernières
"I saw that you were perfect, and so I loved you. Then I saw that you were not perfect and I loved you even more." - Angelita Lim
“I swear I couldn't love you more than I do right now, and yet I know I will tomorrow." - Leo Christopher
"If you live to be a hundred, I want to live to be a hundred minus one day so I never have to live without you." - A. A. Milne
“Because of you I can feel myself slowly but surely becoming the me I have always dreamed of being”- Tyler Knott Gregson
“ If I know what love is, it is because of you” - Herman Hesse
"The best thing to hold onto in life is each other."- Audrey Hepburn
“You should be kissed often, and by someone who knows how." - Rhett Butler